Leg Strength Goals with HIIT
Do you have goals that include leg strength? The secret weapon is being rumored to be the use of two 30-minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts in place of one 60-minute cardio workout each week for a total of six weeks.
What is HIIT?
High Intensity Interval Training is a fast-paced workout that does bursts of intense full on work with short recovery periods. These workouts get you shredded by burning calories quick rather than spending those long hours in the gym. Several different intense moves are done in each circuit, and they are followed by a small rest, and then the circuit is repeated.
Here is a good one to try:
Complete this circuit 4 times, resting for 1 minute after the calf raises in each round.
- High Knee Sprint in Place for 30 seconds
- Squat Jumps for 45 seconds
- Alternating Back Leg Lunges with 20 reps each leg
- Calf Raises with 50 reps
Another one to try:
Complete the circuit 4 times, resting for 1 minute after the burpees in each round.
- Pushups doing as many as you can in 30 seconds
- Jumping Jacks with 50 reps
- Burpees with 20 reps
Mix up your HIIT. Have fun creating combinations or seek out programs that would work. You can even do HIIT circuits on the treadmill or while cycling. Fill in two 30 min sessions to replace your 1-hour cardio workout once a week for six weeks to change it up and strengthen those legs!
Latest posts by lucia1214 (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023