Italian Bean Burgers
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed, mashed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp all-natural tomato paste
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 8 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 8 slices medium tomato
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
Preheat grill or broiler to high.
Place beans, rice, onion, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and cheese in food processor; pulse until well blended. Form into eight patties.
Grill or broil patties for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Place each patty on a bottom bun. Top with tomato, lettuce, and top bun.
Credit: Team Beachbody
The following two tabs change content below.