Eggplant is rich in iron, calcium, and fiber. In this recipe it gets bold flavor from garlic and chili oil.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½-inch rounds, cut into ¾-inch strips (about 1½ lbs.)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. chili oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Combine eggplant and salt in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend. Let eggplant rest for 30 to 45 minutes.
While eggplant rests, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili oil, and red pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Preheat broiler on high.
Brush eggplant slices with oil mixture.
Place eggplant on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake, for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until golden.
Garnish with green onions; serve immediately.