Nut Milk 101
Milk from a nut? It was not long ago that Almond milk was the new thing that people were not sure they wanted to try. According to recent reports, sales of almond milk have been skyrocketing by more than 250 percent over the past five years.
Today, you can think beyond almonds and extend into milk made from cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. These nut kinds of milk are an excellent protein source, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The taste is creamy, and they have a natural sweetness and silkiness with this milk.
Nut milk is perfect for use in smoothies, coffee, oatmeal, and muesli. Nondairy milk can substitute in almost every recipe that calls for milk. Many coffeehouses now carry almond milk, although often they charge extra for it.
Watch for these brands to try:
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Royal Hawaiian Orchard Macadamia Milk is a buttery treat from the taste of macadamia nuts. This carton is a good source of Vitamin E too.
- Silk Protein & Nutmilk is both almond milk and cashew milk combined with pea protein to give a good punch of protein. Many vegans search for this at the store.
- Watch for the Califia Brands also.
A chocolate lover?
Often you can find chocolate almond milk now too in many stores!
Are you feeling adventurous? DIY your Almond milk.
Latest posts by lucia1214 (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023