Post Workout Foods
There are many ways to combine foods that help you speed up recovery and increase your energy in those intense workouts. The food you eat postworkout can help you.
The following foods can aid your muscle repair.
- Leafy Greens like spinach
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sweet Potato
- Whole Grains – like quinoa or oatmeal
- Grass-fed Beef
- Rice Cakes
- Fatty Fish like tuna or salmon
- Cottage Cheese
- Fruits – like apples or berries
Combine them for a double shot of goodness.
- Tuna and whole-grain cracker
- Beef pattie with spinach
- Yogurt with pumpkin seed
- Egg on whole-grain toast
Combos are endless. You can even add other postworkout foods like protein powders, chicken or turkey.
The important part is that you have a serving after your workout to help bring in micronutrients. Go for one of these whole foods instead of fast food that has no benefit to you.
There is also another favorite. It is always time for a Banana after your exercise if you don’t have these other foods. Bananas are a GOOD carb and definitely one that helps rebuild muscles.
Having a healthy postworkout is a must.
Latest posts by lucia1214 (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023