This high-protein snack wins on so many different levels. The flavor is outstanding, using an array of bold spices. The preparation is simple – it just requires combining a few ingredients in a bag and letting them marinate overnight. And the final product has a moist, chewy texture that would rival even the best store-bought jerky.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco) (optional)
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 (15-oz.) raw wild salmon fillets, bones removed, skinless, cut lengthwise into ½-inch wide strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
Here are your instructions:
Combine lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce (if desired), shallots, paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt in a resealable plastic bag or a large sealable bowl; mix well.
Add salmon, shake thoroughly, refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours. Turn bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 200° F.
Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon on a paper towel; pat dry.
Place salmon on prepared baking sheet. Bake, turning halfway through, for 2 to 3 hours, or until crisp.
Latest posts by lucia1214 (see all)
- Your Flour Chooses - March 10, 2023
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023